Your credit profile can make the difference between a stress free, comfortable lifestyle and a life of financial turmoil and struggle. Making sure that you manage your personal credit is imperative if you would like to qualify for the lowest interest rates, get approved to purchase a home, that new car or even just getting a job.
Given how important it is to your overall lifestyle it is important to make sure you know what information your credit report contains so you know that it is 100% accurate and correct. You definitely do not want to be in a situation where you are ready to purchase your dream home and because of an error in reporting or even worse – identity theft of your credit profile – you no longer qualify for your purchase.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)has empowered consumers so that they can take control of their financial picture and gain easy access to their credit reports online.
The FCRA states that you have the right to receive a completely free copy of each of your credit reports once every 12 months or you can opt for more inclusive “free” credit report offers with add-ons like credit monitoring and ID theft protection.
Listed below are 7 of the top websites for ordering your credit reports for free or low cost online.
- AnnualCreditReport.com – This is a free site where you are able to order one copy of your credit report from each of the 3 credit bureaus once every year.
- Experian – On the Experian site you can get access to your full Experian report and credit score for only $1 on a 7 day trial. They offer 3 bureau credit monitoring for only $19,95/month. Also if you would like to get your full reports from all 3 credit bureaus along with scores they charge $39.95 for full access.
- IdentityGuard.com – This service includes access to all three credit reports, your credit scores plus $1 million Id Theft Insurance and ongoing credit monitoring. They offer a $5 trial for 30 days and then it is $19.99 per month for the service.
- Credit Karma – Ad supported site that pulls your credit report from two of the three credit bureaus and provides your credit score and other general information about your credit absolutely free.
- Credit Check Total – This service provides trimerged credit reports, scores and monitoring. They offer a $1 trial and the regular fee is $29.95/month.
- My Fico – This service is based off of the Fico Scoring system that 90% of lenders use – therefore it will give the most accurate score of all of the sites. Their service includes a trimerge report, score, and monitoring for $29.95/month.
- Credit.com – Free service that allows you to get a free credit score and a personalized plan on how to improve your score.